VISITOR SERVICES SPECIALIST
Location: 231 N. Bell, Shawnee, OK 74801
STATUS: Full Time
Closes: January 19, 2018
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Visitor Services Specialist is responsible for providing customer service to visitors to Shawnee, OK and the hospitality stakeholders who provide services to them including providing information to visitors via the telephone, email, website, mail, and in person. In addition to customer service and program coordination, they will direct all incoming calls to appropriate staff, main switchboard operation and perform light clerical duties. Within scope of responsibility, exercises independent judgment, initiative and discretion based on knowledge of applicable administrative policies and procedures in performing daily activities. Work involves contact with internal and external customers and the public. Exercises trustworthy service, courtesy, tact and diplomacy in dealing with others. Work can be of a highly confidential in nature and involves the skilled use of a computer.
- Maintains a well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions, businesses, events and services available in the greater Shawnee area to visitors
- Answers and routes all incoming telephone calls, greets and provides excellent customer service to clients/visitors. Provide office coverage to maintain posted hours of operation.
- Maintains orderliness and supplies needed for a clean and tidy reception area, conference room(s) and break room(s).
- Ensures that all Visit Shawnee inquiries from mail, walk-in, website, email, and telephone receive prompt, accurate and courteous responses.
- Ensures that all of the Visit Shawnee information outlet(s) (including remote locations such as Shawnee Mall, Museums, etc.) are well maintained and stocked with brochures and other informational materials.
- Tracks fulfillment of all mail, email and phone inquiries and produces requested monthly reports
- Maintains a database of local attractions, hotels, restaurants, vendors, contacts, etc.
- Solicits information and keeps the external and internal calendar of events current; and responds to requests from outside parties requests for event listings and information
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory counts
- Checks the mail, picks up checks from accountant and other errands as needed
- Compile reports then prepare and distribute monthly board packets which may include assisting with minute taking and role calling in board meetings
- Help to maintain social media outreach activities and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- High school or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver's License, insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- Intermediate/Expert knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft office programs
- Experience in customer service and professional phone etiquette
- Punctual, self-starter
- Able to work 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday with occasional nights or weekends
- Social Media management experience
- Website administration/editing experience
- Sedentary to light working conditions typically found in office environment. The employee must have the ability to sit, stand, walk, and view computer screen for long periods of time. The employee must have the ability to operate typical office equipment such as printer, scanner, and computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Normal working conditions.
PAY & BENEFITS
- $10-11 per hour with benefits.
Send resume to [email protected]