We will be holding the photo contest again in 2018. Stay tuned for details or see information below - the rules, prize money, and time frames will remain similar.
FAN VOTE - October 1-7, 2017
Vote for your favorite photo of the contest - winner gets $250.
Win $2,500 in cash prizes!
Visit this page during the entry period for details on how to submit your photos to us!
- Must be 18 to enter
- Photos must be from Shawnee, Pottawatomie County or surrounding area
- Photos must have been taken in the last 3 years
- You may only submit photographs taken by you
- All photos need to be high resolution with no watermarks
Types of photos we are looking for:
We're partnering with the City of Shawnee in this photo contest and we are looking for photos that showcase all the great things to do when you're visiting Shawnee and all the great things to do when you already live here. Examples:
- Beautiful places
- Fun things to do
- "Life in Shawnee" - parks, schools, community activities, police and fire departments etc
- Photos from OBU, SGU and GCTC
- Photos that feature the Native American heritage of this area
- Best in Show - One Grand Prize winner will receive a cash prize of $750
- Blue Ribbons- One blue ribbon winner will receive a cash prize of $500
- Red Ribbons- One red ribbon winner will receive a cash prize of $250
- Honorable Mention – Two honorable mention winners will receive a cash prize of $100
- Special Category: Life in Shawnee – One winner (chosen by a panel of judges from the City of Shawnee) will receive a cash prize of $500
- Special Category: Life in Shawnee Honorable Mention - $200
- Special Category: Fan Favorite – One winner (chosen by a fan vote) will receive a cash prize of $250
- Special Category: Random Drawn Winner – One winner chosen by random draw will receive a cash prize of $50