The Ritz Arts Society
Originally a dry goods store, it opened in 1912 as a theater by Leo Montgomery, Sr. The Ritz, then called “The Cozy” was sold to Jake Jones, Sr., in 1913. In 1926, the theater was renamed The Ritz and Shawnee’s first talking motion pictures were shown. The theater is currently undergoing renovations and is used for special events and performances.